Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Camping

Hello Stampers,


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and if you're like me your looking towards the next weekend. As you may recall from my prior post this past weekend our family went camping. Rocky, my husband, ended up taking us to Shady Lakes, which is somewhere between Alpha and New Windsor.

After we got the camper all set up we ate lunch. . . then we went up to the main office and got ice cream!!!

Blake had a push up, and boy it look like it was good. I think he enjoyed it. . . what do you think?
Before I took this photo we wiped his face off at least 10 times. Rocky and I thought the push up would never be done. :o)

After we were done with ice cream we just hung out at the camper. Rocky and Blake played in the dirt, while I flipped though my latest Stampin' Success Magazine.

My monthly demo meeting was scheduled for Monday night, so I needed to do a little prep.

Rocky actually took a really funny picture of me sitting in the chair. I was trying to swat the sweat bees away. I decided not to post it, because I looked quite cross.


Blake also enjoyed playing at the playground and a round of miniature golf. Lucky for us we packed his toy golf club and some balls. The campground also had a hay rack ride, and an outside movie. We didn't go to the movie, but we did make the hay rack ride.

For dinner of course we had to roast hot dogs, and then follow up with Smoores. After all this was Blake's first camping trip.

Rocky has a crazy way to make Smoores. Instead of the graham crackers and chocolate he uses shortbread cookies with fudge stripes on them. Since they have fudge on the bottom of the cookie the hot marshmallow melt it really well. The main problem with Rocky's smoore is the fact your hot fingers melt the fudge strips, and then you have one mess. But they were very tasty! Blake enjoyed cooking marshmallows with his Daddy.

Thanks for taking a peek into my family's weekend, and now I have a card to share with you!


As you know today is the final day to get the never before seen stamp sets for 15% off. I have really been debating on the Upsy Daisy stamp set and I finally purchased it for myself. Below you can see the first card I made with this stamp set.

Supplies:
Big Shot*
Standard Cutting Pads
Top Note Bigz Die
Upsy Daisy Stamp Set
Pink Pirouette CS
Riding Hood Red CS
Whisper White CS
Pink Pirouette Ink
Riding Hood Red Ink
Tangerine Tango Ink
Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon (page 187)
Horizontal Slot Punch
Sponge Daubers

Thanks for stopping by!
Georgia

No comments: