Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chalkboard Decorative Sign

Hi Stampers. . .

What did everyone think of the 1st day of Spring?  Not how I had pictured spring. . . I'm not sure how much snow fell yesterday and overnight, but the ground is while.  Rocky just took down the Christmas lights on Friday night, but now we have snow again they could have been on. (just kidding . . . it was way past time for them to come down.)

Today I'd like to share with you a new Decor Element that is in my kitchen.  Have you seen the new catalog for them???  It's awesome!  One of the things I love is the chalkboard signs and I finally had a chance to put mine up.

I purchased the small Decorative Sign (119664 $14.95) and decided to mount it in the kitchen over the wallpaper.  I wasn't sure how it would stick, but it worked perfect!

First let me show you how it looks up and then I'll show you the couple of steps it took to get to that point.  This first picture is from the Stampin' Up! catalog.




Now when you get this chalkboard you'll need to cut out of the sheet it comes on as it is in three pieces.


Then I decided to tape it into place to make sure it was where I wanted it to go. (Please note this is BEFORE you remove any paper.


Next using a level (to make sure it was straight) I applied the first piece.



Then the next.


And the last piece.



All and all it was very simple to put up once I decided where to hang it at.

If you have any questions, please ask and thank you for stopping by!!!

- Georgia

No comments: