Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chipboard Card Totes ("Card Purses") ~ Directions

Hi Stampers,

Today I'd like to share with you how I make the cute little card purses that all of my Sale-a-bration hostess received this month.  The two shown today were made for Dawn and Emily.  I forgot to take a picture of them after I put their names on the outside of them.  Actually Dawn got her name and Emily got her initials.  You see Dawn is getting married, and I didn't want her to have the wrong initials after her October wedding, so I just did her whole first name.  :o)


OK here's what you need to make your Chipboard Card Tote:

Chipboard:
Sides 5" x 7 1/2" (need two)
Bottom 2" x 7 1/2"


Card Stock:
Divider 4" x 7 3/4" (score at 1/4" on both ends)
Bottom 2" x 7 1/2" (could also be cut from Designer Paper)
Inside 7 1/2" x 12 (score at 5" & 7")


Designer Series Paper (DSP):
Sides 5" x 7 1/2" (need two)
Gusset 4" x 6" (need two; and could also be cut from card stock)


10" Ribbon for Handles and Hemp Twine for Closure.

Directions:
  1. Cut and score all card stock and DSP as listed above. 
  2. Glue the side DSP to the chip board. (I used the Multipurpose Tombo Liquid Glue.)
  3. Decorate front side of the chipboard tote.
  4. Punch a hole, with your Crop-a-dile for the brad to fit in, and add brad.
  5. Attach handles and closing strap to inside of sides using sticky strip.
  6. Attach decorated sides and bottom to the inside piece of card stock, which is 7 1/2" x 12".
  7. Fold Gusset sat each 3/4" mark that you scored.
  8. Attach Divider to both Gussets. (Since I was using a liquid glue for this step I used binder clips to hold it in place until it dried.)
  9. Attach Gussets to the front and back of the card tote. (I used sticky strip.)
  10. Congrats . . . You're done!
Just a reminder . . . Sale-a-bration ends March 31st, but if you'd like to place a $150 order before then you will received hostess benefits in the amount of $15 in free merchandise and a level 1 hostess ONLY stamp set and Stampin' Up! will give you THREE Sale-a-bration products for FREE!!! PLUS I will make you a card purse to keep your card creations.

A special Thank You needs to go out to my up-up line leader, Julie.  Julie was kind enough to share with me how to make this fun project . . . Thanks Julie!

And Thank You for stopping by today!  Let me know if you have any questions.
Georgia

No comments: