Friday, March 19, 2010

Thoughts & Prayers ~ Sympathy Cards

Hi Stampers,

Recently, I have been wanting to make some sympathy cards.  Since I didn't have a stash of them already made up I decided to use the stamp set Thoughts & Prayers and cranked out 20 of these cards in no time flat.


Of course I had to stamp Very Vanilla envelopes to match!  The base of the card is Chocolate Chip and layered on top of that is Very Vanilla and Old Olive card stock.  I kept the card simple by using my Eyelet boarder punch along the bottom of the Very Vanilla card stock and just layering that over my Old Olive.  The 5/8" Chocolate Chip Ribbon is just knotted in the middle and tucked around the Very Vanilla.  I'm sure you can guess the ink I used. . . . Yes, it was Chocolate Chip!

I forgot to take a picture of the inside, but since the card stock was so dark to write on I took a piece of Very Vanilla card stock, stamped the tree in the corner (like the envelope) and attached that to the inside.

Are you wondering why I needed so many sympathy cards???  Many times, when a beloved pet passes away at a veterinarian's office the staff will sign a card and send it to the family.  While I've been lucky enough not to find out if my particular vet's office sends out cards I figure there will be a time when I find that out. :o(

Rocky and I got our two dogs when they were puppies almost 10 years ago, and you can tell their age is starting to creep up on them.  Below are pictures of our doggies. . . . Hercules and Elizabeth!




If you have any questions, please ask!  Thanks for stopping by today!
Georgia

p.s. Club orders are IN and ready to be picked up!!!

BTW - I almost forgot to share the best part of the story with you . . . I was only able to send my vet 19 of the 20 cards, because Elizabeth got one off of the table, while we were sleeping, and "ate" it.  She did leave the ribbon and part of the tree, but the rest of the card has yet to be found. . . I'm pretty sure it will end up in the backyard in a pile of something. (Icky!)  :o)

No comments: