Friday, May 14, 2010

Elements of Style

Hi Stampers!

Today I'd like to share with you the last card club members stamped this week!  This card was inspired by a sample I found online. . . I just changed it a bit to work for myself, and of course I had to change the colors to work with what I had on hand. :o)

This card uses the stamp set, Elements of Style, which can be found on page 12 of the Summer Mini Catalog.  I used the clear-mount set, but you can also get this set in wood-mount.

Now that we've had both clear-mount and wood-mount for a while. . . which one do you like best???  I'm leaning towards the clear-mount because of both the cost and the space it saves me. . . However, I do like wood-mount better for stamp sets with small images!


Can you see the "grid lines" on the Whisper White card stock?  To achieve this look I scored at the 1/2 inch made both vertical and horizontal. **NOTE** It is VERY important to score prior to stamping your images if you want the grid lines to appear.

BTW - Make sure to check back tomorrow as I have had my sewing machine out and going every since the May 1st make and take class. . . I have 6 very cute Rag Quilt Purses done and ready to sell at my Fall Craft Shows.  Of course if you can't wait until then you can purchase one now that I have done, or order a custom purse to fit your style! (More details tomorrow)

Thanks for stopping by!
Georgia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those purses -I will talk to you later about getting one-I am glad you are making those to sell!!!