Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Black FRIDAY!!!

As you read this I am hitting the stores in a mad dash to get all of the items on my list. Rocky and I like to tag team Black Friday and we are so excited that Galesburg has a Menards! We love to hit that store for early bird sales and now we don't have to rush to the QCA for it!

As you rush out for Black Friday I want you to consider stamping some of your gifts this year. There are so many neat things you can do with stamps and a little bit of ink. Today's sample are Tile Coasters! I gave coasters as Christmas gifts a few years ago. They are very fun and easy to create!

This first coaster was done with the stamp set Embrace life.




Wondering how to do it? Keep reading for all of the details!

First you want to get a tile and wash it. I purchased mine from Lowes. After it is dry you'll stamp with Stazon ink. You can color in with sharpies if you want, but I kinda like the plain look to the coasters. After the coasters are dry they are ready to go.

If you don't have Stazon ink you can also use Stampin' Up! craft pads. Once you stamp your image in the craft ink onto the coasters you'll want to bake it in the oven to make sure it is good and set. I baked mine at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Once cooled you need to seal the tile with a clear spray.



To finish off the coasters I applied felt pads to the bottom, so that they didn't scratch any surfaces.

If you have any questions, please call or e-mail me!

Happy Stampin!

Georgia

No comments: