Friday, November 14, 2008

Lovely as a Tree

Hello Stampers. . . TGIF!!!


It has been a crazy week. I'm still trying to get caught up from last week when I spent the whole week in the hospital with my son. However, I do feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thank goodness!!!

This week found me with one make and take, two card clubs and one Workshop. It was a crazy week to jump into since I didn't have last week to prep. I'm not complaining I love to be busy, but I am finding myself a bit tired as this week comes to an end.

In my spare time (yes I have found a little) I started to work on some items I will be selling at an upcoming Craft show. The craft show I'm referring to is on Saturday, November 22nd at the VFW Hall in Monmouth. (This is the hall over by the hospital call or e-mail me if you need directions.) So far I have made some Snowman Soup with the help of my Big Shot. I have many projects I would like to complete prior to the show, and I have my check list to mark them off as I get done.

You can bet I'll be posting photos of my craft fair items soon. Until then I have a Christmas Card to show you.

The stamp set I used, Lovely as a Tree, has been in the Stampin' Up! catalog longer than I have known what Stampin' Up! was. I'm not saying that like it's a bad thing. I love this stamp set, and it's a good set to fall back on when you have stampers block! I'm guess this is why it's still in the catalog, but every time they release the retired list I guess it's on there. So far I have been wrong, but the next retirement list comes out on December 9th.

I found this card idea somewhere in cyber space, sorry I don't recall which blog I was visiting at the time, but I just knew I had to case it for my card club ladies. This is a very simple card using the "stamping off" technique. (This is where you do not re ink in between stamping the images. Each time you stamp you get a lighter shade of the same color.) The color I used below is Bravo Burgundy. Stamp Sets are: Lovely as a Tree and Best Yet.

This card is one you can recreate using almost any color. It's always fun to make the same card in many colors.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Georgia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Georgia, I think this is where you saw the card. I like her ideas too!

http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/

Marty

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I love that set.