Thursday, August 27, 2009

1st Halloween Card of 2009

Hi Stampers,


Today I'd like to share with you the first Halloween Card I have made this year. I am kicking around the idea of making it at the Well in September. . . for those of you who usually attend The Well make and takes (or are coming to September's M&T for the first time) what do you think??? Should we make this card, and if so should we make it once or twice?

For this card the Happy Halloween came from the All Holidays stamp set (114916 $34.95) and the ghost is a single stamp called Little Boo (115558 $6.95). Card Stock used was: Basic Black, Old Olive, Only Orange and Whisper White. Ink used was: Versamark and Basic Black. I also used the new Halloween DSP called Cast-A-Spell and 1/4" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon.

Punches used were the Scallop Edge, Scallop Circle, 1-3/8" Circle and 1-1/4" Circle.



Wondering how in the world I did the ghost??? Well let me share with you. :o) For this card I used the Faux Metal technique. You can view a complete tutorial HERE on SCS.

Basically you emboss the Whisper White card stock 3 times. . . each time you put the versamark on the card stock completely covering it and then heat. When you get the 3rd layer on you take your stamp and ink it with Versamark and then press it onto your embossed piece of card stock. After it cooled I took my 1-1/4" circle punch and punched it out.

If you have any questions about this technique and/or if you'd like to register for the Sat. September make and take at the well don't hesitate to get a hold of me!

Thanks for stopping by!

Georgia

BTW - There are only a few days remaining to get the mini starter kit and join the Stampin' Up! family and my glitterbees family for only $85! With the mini starter kit you get over $80 in merchandise and you also get business supplies.

With this great deal you can't go wrong! Call me at 309/221-9288 if you'd like more information!

1 comment:

tianna said...

I think we should make this card...Its neat...Can we also do that double-pocket card too?? If you understand which one I mean...
Tianna