Sunday, August 30, 2009

Criss Cross Card

Hi Stampers,

First I need to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my big sister, Carmen. I hope your day is GREAT!

With that said, I am super excited to share with you today a Criss Cross Card. I used the stamp set Fifth Avenue Floral. I have been wanting to make a Criss Cross card and just haven't found the time until now!

Using my Round Tab punch I thought it would be a nice way to "grab" the insert out of the criss cross part. The base of this card is Melon Mambo and Whisper White, which was stamped a bunch of times. . . it reminds me of DSP don't you think? The insert is Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White. . . also stamped. :o)

I added a filigree brad in the middle of the card and if you look close on the Round Tab and the bottom left corner of the card "base" you'll see I stamped and cut out a flowers.

The next picture is of the card closed! most people have the insert turned the other way, but when I did that with my card it was WAY to busy! So by flipping the insert around it "calmed down" a little!


SO . . . How would you like to make this Criss Cross Card??? We will be making this card at my next Make and Take Class, which is Saturday, September 5th at The Well in Monmouth! Class starts at 10 am.

If you'd like to attend please RSVP by Thursday so that I can cut card stock.

Cost is $20 and you'll need to bring your scissors and choice of adhesive. We will be making a total of 8 cards (2 of 4 designs) and 4 12x12 scrapbook pages.
I hope to hear from you soon!

Georgia

p.s. Just a reminder that TOMORROW is the final day to join Stampin' Up! for ONLY $85. Let me know ASAP if you have questions and/or would like to join!

No comments: