Monday, April 6, 2009

Easter Surprise

Hi Stampers,


Do you have your Easter cards stamped yet? If not, you still have time. Easter is this Sunday, April 12th. To get you motivated I'd like to share with you an Easter card the ladies got to make on Saturday. It is a fun Easter Surprise, and I got the idea from one of the Stampin Success magazine Stampin' Up! sends me for FREE. The Stampin Success magazine is packed full of awesome ideas and techniques to try and I get it every month! Just another perk of being a demo.


Instead of the card opening from the side or top, this hinged card splits apart to reveal your message.



The background card (base) is Sahara Sand, and I used Easter Wishes stamp from the All Holidays Stamp Set. The top half of the hinged front was Pink Pirouette and I tied Kiwi Kiss Double Stripped Ribbon around it. The basket of flowers is from the stamp set A Flower for All Seasons. It was stamped in Basic Black and then I used my markers to color it.

The bottom half of the hinged front was Kiwi Kiss. I punched a border along the top of the Kiwi Kiss using the Scallop Edge Punch. I used a Bashful Blue brad to attache the front to the base of the card.

I also want to mention the Kiwi Kiss does not move. Only the top half of the card moves to reveal the message.

This was a very fun card to make, and club members will be making a hinged card this month! GET EXCITED. BTW - If you have not reserved your spot in the next round of card clubs, please do so ASAP. Thanks!

Have a GREAT day!

Georgia

1 comment:

StinkerbellSteph said...

What a lovely card! That set is so sweet and looks great w/the flip top card & colors you chose!