Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Blake

Hi Stampers!

Today is my son's 3rd birthday . . . my has the time gone fast! Last night we went to Lake Story for a picnic and fishing. While we didn't catch anything it was still a fun night. Today Blake is having some one on one time with Daddy while I attend the StampAttic's meeting and tonight is Blake's family party.

First I would like to share a picture of my baby . . Charles Blake (aka Blake) was born at 5:18pm on April 18, 2006 (11 after my due date!). He was 9lbs 9 oz and 21-1/2" long. Needless to say we didn't need any "newborn" clothes.

Next here is a picture of Blake and I at the park last night. He still sits in my lap, just not a calm as in the beginning. :o)



For Blake's birthday party I make a Happy Birthday Blake banner using my Big Shot and Pennant Die. Also used was the Scallop Circle Bigz Die and Serif Essentials Bigz Die. I know the Serif Essentials are a big investment, but they are so worth it.

I wanted to use some bright colors, so I dug into my card stock supply and got out some in colors: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss and Tangerine Tango. Other supplies used to create this banner are: Jumbo Eyelets, Crop-a-Dile, Ribbon and Tombo Multi Liquid Glue.

I'm sure it's hard to see the detail in the pictures, so here is a close up of the B in Birthday. You can see I used 2 Jumbo Eyelets (Pewter) on each pennant.

The Blake banner I did a little different, because I am going to hang it in Blake's room after the party. I only used the colors: Pacific Point and Kiwi Kiss.

Here is a close-up of the B in Blake. You can see I used 3 jumbo eyelets on each pennant. Also used on the Blake banner was the Scallop Circle #2 Bigz die. I used it for the scallop circle on the end of the pennant.

AND . . . I wanted to make sure to send everyone home with a little something so I got out my new die the Pillow Box Bigz Die, which you will be seeing LOTS of it. This was the 1st project I had a chance to do with it, and I LOVE IT!!! Inside each one was a little bit of Blake's Easter Candy. . . it was either give it to my family or send it with my husband to his work. . if it stays at my house it gets eaten. . and we can't have that.

Thanks for stopping by today, and if you have any questions, please ask! BTW - I am thinking about offering another big shot club if anyone is interested please contact me. I will need to work out the price again, but basically it's a 4 month club where you pay 1/4 of the starter kit each month. The 4th month you will have your very own Big Shot. This is the best way to get the Big Shot without taking a huge hit to your stamping budget.

Have a GREAT day!

Georgia

p.s. Those of you who have registered for the Scrapbooking event tomorrow I'll see you at 2pm!!!

No comments: