Monday, October 13, 2008

Candy Corn

I was inspired to make my own piece of candy corn from pictures I have seen from Regionals of a "Candy Corn" bag made from felt. I didn't have time to go out and find the felt, so I made mine from Card Stock.

I also found inspiration from Patty Bennent's web site. She made some really cute BOO flags. I combined the two ideas and this is what I came up with. What do you think? Can you see the glitter on the BOO?
The Card Stock is: Basic Black, Whisper White, Yoyo Yellow and Only Orange. I also used the Big Shot, Pennant Bigz XL Die and Serif Essentials Dies. Yes I broke down and ordered me a set of the Serif Essentials Dies . . . let me tell you what . . . I LOVE THEM and they are worth every penny!!!

I have been working on a new "Fabric" Spooky Banner. (I hope to have it finished soon and posted here.) When I made my first Spooky Banner I traced chip board letters onto card stock and cut them out by hand. . . . talk about taking forever!!! This time around I used the Serif Essentials, and my tracing days are over. The Big Shot is so easy that my 2 1/2 year old son, Blake, helped cut out the letters. . . wanna see a picture???



It looks like Blake was working hard. He likes to help me with my Stampin' Up! projects. This photo was taking around 8am on Sunday morning, so that's why he was in his PJs.

Sorry . . . I got a little sidetracked, but I am really excited about my Fabric Spooky Banner. . . . ok back to the Candy Corn. . . here is a photo of Blake with the flag.


Blake was saying Cheese, so that's why the eyes are closed. I've gotta quit talking about Candy Corn. . . darn . . . . I really want some. . . . OK . . . I'm off to find me a bag of Candy Corn. . . I know I have one somewhere in my stamp room.

Thanks for stopping by!
Georgia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Georgia,
Love your flag!! Also the pictures of "your helper" are very cute.

I think black ink for the "Thanks so much" card would have shown up better. But I really love the card!

Marty