Saturday, October 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Ideas!!!

This past week my Woodhull Hostess Club met. Each month they make 2-3 projects. Each member of this club got to make the Scallop Envelope box I posted on my blog yesterday.

They also got to make 2 items that would be perfect for the dinning room table at Thanksgiving. The first project I want to show you today is a pumpkin. You could make a smaller version of this and add a name tag and use it for your place card.
Instructions

1. Ink two sheets of Pumpkin Pie card stock (8-1/2" x 11") directly with pumpkin pie ink.

2. Cut both sheets into 1"x 8-1/2" strips.

3. Punch hole through top and bottom of strips using Crop-A-Dile. Knot bottom of Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (6") and thread through holes; knot top of ribbon and spread strips of card stock to create pumpkin shape.

4. Tie Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (14") in a bow; adhere bow to top of pumpkin.

5. Stamp leaf image twice in Old Olive ink on Old Olive card stock; cut out. Adhere leaves to top of pumpkin.

On our final project, we created a festive turkey using several punches and a special fold that works especially well with Stampin' Up! Scallop Circle punch. This same fold can be used with a plain circle, and it works great with double-sided paper because it allows both sides of the paper to show on your project.

I got this idea from a card sample I saw in the October Stampin' Success Magazine that Stampin' Up! send me every month for FREE!

Instead of making a card with the turkey we adhered him to a chocolate mint. Thank goodness Blake didn't see the candy when I was getting ready, or I might not have had enough chocolate for the club ladies. LOL!

Adhere the turkey's feathers to your project, and complete your fine feathered frind using additional punches-- a 1-3/8" circle for the body, a 3/4" circle for the head, two 1/4" circles for buttons, double circle for eyes, a 3/4" square trimmed down for the hat, flowers from Boho Blossoms for his feet, and a petal from one of the flowers for his beak. Who wouldn't love this little guy!
I almost forgot to post the directions on how to create the Turkey's Feathers!
I you would like to start your own hostess club and make projects similar to the ones shown above all you need is 5 friends (6 total) who want to stamp and we can get started. You'll meet for 6 months and each month you purchase $25 in merchandise. You'll also receive hostess benefits one month as well as making 2 to 3 projects each month. Call me today to get started.

Don't have 5 friends who will stamp with you??? That's ok . . . call or e-mail me anyway and I'll start a list. Once we get 6 people the club will start!

Enjoy your Weekend and Happy Stamping!

Georgia

No comments: