Sunday, October 19, 2008

StampAttic's Swap

One of the fun things about being a demonstrator is getting together with other demonstrators and sharing ideas. Yesterday was our quarterly StampAttic's meeting, and I was very excited to share this experience with 2 of my downline members, Britni & Patty. This was Patty's first StampAttic's meeting, so I was extra excited to share that with her. (I hope you gals had fun. . . I did!)
Each StampAttic's meeting offers a chance to participate in a card swap. Unlike the craziness of the general swapping I experienced at convention this was an organized swap. The theme was Christmas, and there was 15 ladies who participated.

When I am preparing my my swap cards I always feel like an assembly line. I do the same thing for each card before I move onto the next. I feel that it's faster that way, because I am only using each tool once, instead of using the same tool at 15 separate times As you can see from my stack of card fronts I had a pretty good assembly line going with myself. :o)

At Convention I learned how to KISS (Keep it Simple Stampers) and that is exactly what I like to do with my swap cards. I try to trade swaps that other demonstrators will look at and say, I can use that as a Make and Take, or that's easy enough to demonstrator at my next workshop. This is what I usually look for in swap cards.

For my Christmas Card I used the stamp set: A Cardinal Christmas (111760 $23.95) from the Holiday Mini Catalog. You can view the mini catalog by clicking HERE!
Of course I just had to use my NEW Big Shot and Top Note Bigz Die to make my swap cards. I also used Real Red, Baja Breeze and Whisper White Card Stock. I stamped with Basic Black and Baja Breeze Ink and used my Markers (Real Red, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Always Artichoke) to color the Cardinal in.

The embellishments are a Rhinestone brad from the Pretties Kit and a felt snowflake from the package of Little Felt Flurries (113697 $13.95). You can find the Little Felt Flurries in the Holiday mini catalog, which runs until January 18, 2009.

I know it's hard to tell when looking in the Holiday Mini Catalog what size the Little Felt Flurries are, so I thought I would share a photo with you. The post it note below is 3" x 3" and the coin is a quarter.

Thanks for stopping In Today, and Make sure to check back tomorrow for some awesome samples from the StampAttic's Meeting.

Georgia

No comments: