Sunday, May 10, 2009

Beautiful Butterflies ~ Framed Art!

Hello Stampers and Happy Mother's Day!!

Yesterday Rocky and Blake went to Woodhull to help his parents so that left me home alone to stamp in peace and quiet!!!

Ever since the catalog came out in January I have been wanting to case the framed art shown on page 8 of the catalog and also shown below.


I have been looking everywhere for a shadow box and finally found one. . at a yard sale of all places! And since it was my mother-in-laws yard sale I didn't even have to pay for it. Even better. (Thanks Stacey!)

I used the Urban Oasis Designer Series Paper (remember it's buy 3 get 1 free this month only) and a little bit of Kiwi Kiss card stock to created my own version of the framed art. BTW - it is was very hard to photograph this since the flash wanted to reflect off of the glass. This project actually looks 100% better in person. . . if you'd like to stop by and see it for yourself, just give me a call.


On the bottom edge of the Kiwi Kiss I used my Eyelet Border Punch. I cut the butterflies out using my Big Shot and Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die. I wanted to step it up a bit, so I got out my Pretties Kit and using a little Crystal Effects I added half beads on the butterflies.
The hat pin and full beads also came from the Pretties Kit. The ribbon is Very Vanilla/Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon and I used Mini Glue Dots to hold the hat pin and beads in place.

To finish my framed art project I added a rub-on from the package of Chateau Bella Rub-Ons.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you all have a Wonderful Mother's Day!

~ Georgia

BTW - There is still room in my cards clubs that are scheduled to start NEXT WEEK! Sign up today!

No comments: