Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Botanical Blooms

Hello Stampers!

Today I want to share a card with you that all card club members are making this month. It uses one of my favorite Sale-a-bration stamp sets: Botanical Blooms. Remember you ONLY have until March 31st to earn Sale-a-bration products for FREE.

For this card I also got out my new Eyelet Border punch. I wasn't very sold on this punch when I saw it in the catalog and then I started to see samples and that was all it took and it quickly make it to the top of my order list.


I love putting Basic Black and Whisper White together. . . there's just something about the contrast of the two colors and I thought the Tempting Turquoise would be a nice touch. Originally I had added leaves, but thought the green looked out of place, so I flipped the card stock over and re-stamped. . . this time stamping more flowers.

I used my ticket corner punch on the top corners of the Whisper White card stock, and I finished the card with embossing Happy Birthday from the On Your Birthday stamp set in Whisper White Embossing Powder.

I should also mention I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig on the flowers to take the guess work out of stamping. The Stamp-a-ma-jig is one tool that I just don't know how I ever lived so long without it. If you don't know how to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig, please ask!

This was a very fun card to make, and I hope club members will enjoy using the new eyelet border punch as well as embossing this month!

Thanks for stopping by!
Georgia

p.s.
Thursday card club meets tomorrow night! If you're unable to attend make sure you have your order turned in by 5pm. Thanks!

2 comments:

Britni :) said...

Love it!!!!!

Krista said...

It's gorgeous. I love this set !