Monday, February 2, 2009

Baby Shower

Hello Stampers and Happy Monday!

There is so many exciting things going on in February including Sale-a-Brations, which started yesterday!!! Another exciting promotion includes the starter kit. It is 15% off, which means you receive $335 in product for only $169 . . . and when you join during Sale-a-Brations you can pick a stamp set up to a $47.95 value for FREE! Remember I have an opportunity night schedule for this Sunday starting at 6:30 pm if you'd like to learn more please let me know if you're planning on attending. Thanks!

Yesterday I attended a baby shower for a very good friend. (Hi Becca!) Besides stamping a card I also decorated a gift bag for the present! Would you like to see it? At convention they demonstrated the cutest little gift bag, that I've just been waiting to try out. First let me show you a picture of SU's gift bag and then I'll show you mine.

Since Becca is having a boy I needed to change the bag just a little bit.

I made the ABC letters with my Big Shot. Have I told you how much I love my Big Shot? I adhered a piece of Whisper White card stock to cardboard and than ran it through my Big Shot using the Serif Essentials Alphabet. The Designer Series paper is Bella Rose, and the other card stock is Bashful Blue. I tied a little tag to the bag using hemp twine and the Button from Button Bouquet was also tied with Hemp Twine and adhered using a glue dot.

I forgot to mention I used my scallop edge punch along the bottom, but I'm sure you figured it out. Oh. . I also used Apricot Appeal card stock.

When it came time to stamp Becca a baby card I realized I didn't have a current baby stamp set, so I got into my retired stamp sets that I just can't part with and pulled out the Baby First set. While I can't sell you the stamp set used below I still wanted to show you the card sample, because you can always CASE the layout and use different stamp sets.

Card Stock: Night of Navy, Bashful Blue and Whisper White; Stamp Set (not retired) Warm Words. The Happiness was heat embossed using Whisp White embossing powder. The Bashful Blue card stock was just torn at the bottem edge.

Thanks for stopping by, and make sure to come back tomorrow to see a couple of scrapbook pages!

Until then . . . Happy Stamping to you!

Georgia

FYI - The next make and take class is THIS SATURDAY starting at 10am at The Well in Monmouth. Cost is $20 and you'll be stamping eight cards and two 2 page 12x12 pages, which totals 4 12x12 pages. If you check out my blog tomorrow I'll have a photos of one of the two page 12x12 layouts. Please RSVP by Thursday 2/5 so I have time to cut supplies!

1 comment:

Britni :) said...

How did you make the part that looks like the sleeves sticking out?