Friday, February 20, 2009

On Your Birthday

Good Morning Stampers!

I double checked the posting of today's post, so it's up on time. Sorry about yesterday. That's what I get for staying up late. :o)

Anyway. . . . Have I told you how excited I am to post on my blog everyday? I really am. I enjoy sharing what I love and I enjoy hearing your comments. . . so if you have time when you stop by today, please leave me a comment. . . THANKS!

Today's sample is a Georgia Original. . . yes I came up with this idea all on my own. . . . wanna see??? GREAT!!!


When I sat down to stamp a card on my lunch break yesterday I just knew I wanted to use 2 things. This first thing with the FREE Sale-a-Bration ribbon I got and the second was the FREE Sale-a-Bration designer series paper I got. YES Demos can earn free Sale-a-Bration products too!!

The Designer Paper is Called Delicate Dots and the ribbon comes in a bundle of two and the color used here is So Saffron. The bundle also has Certainly Celery. I love the 5/8" ribbon, and I'm thrilled that I got 20 yard of ribbon for FREE!!!

By looking in the Sale-a-Bration catalog I found that the colors in the designer paper was: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Bashful Blue and Sarah Sand. . . . so I decided to use Bashful Blue Card Stock for the base of my card. After folding it in half I used my Scallop Edge Punch along the bottom edge of the card stock. My new Eyelet Punch should be here any day and I can't wait to try in in place of the Scallop Edge Punch.

Keeping with the color theme I used Bashful Blue in and the Stamp Set On Your Birthday to stamp Live, Laugh & Love Happy Birthday. I also got out a Bashful Blue maker and used it to color a flower from the Pretties Kit. Using Crystal Effects I adhered a half pearl, also from the Pretties Kit, to the flower and the flower to the card. I finished the card by putting a piece of designer paper under the scallop edge and tying ribbon around the card.

Quick and Easy . . that's the way I like to stamp.

Don't forget TODAY is the final day to register for Sunday's make and take class. Time is 2-4pm at my house in Galesburg. Cost is $8. I hope to hear from you soon!

Georgia

No comments: