Monday, February 23, 2009

Box

Hi Stampers!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It was way to short if you ask me. I had originally planed to show you a few of the cards I made for the birthday card stamp-a-stack, but after making a new box yesterday I just couldn't wait to share. I will plan on showing you some b-day cards tomorrow. . . Thanks!

I got a box tutorial from my friend Krista, who lives in The Netherlands, last week and I just couldn't wait to try it and to show you!

Krista send me the directions on how to make a cute box and I just knew I wanted to make one using the designer paper from the Sale-a-Bration brochure! I also used Tangerine Tango Card Stock and ribbon.

Here is a side view of the box. You can see I used my Scallop Edge punch along the bottom edge of the lid. I also used sticky strip to hold the plastic for the lid in place.



Are you wondering what I put inside the box? Some of you may remember the post-it note holders I made for my holiday craft shows. This box is the perfect size for one, so that's what I decided to put inside.

Of course I wanted it to match the box, so I used the same designer paper I used for the lid and attached it to a 4" coaster. The heart was just cut out from the designer paper pack and attached with a stampin' dimensional. I also tied some So Saffron 5/8" ribbon, which I got for FREE because of Sale-a-Brations, around the coaster. I used my bind-it-all to punch the holes and put in the binding.


Here's an inside view, so you can see where the post-it notes actually go.


So what do you think of the project today??? It was very fast and easy to make.

Thanks for Stopping By!

Georgia

1 comment:

Krista said...

Hi Georgia ! Love this box ! Nice to see someone already made one !