Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy O' Birthday

Sorry about the late post today . . I just went on to check out my blog, as I often do, and realized my new post was not here. . . when I put in the posting date I put 12/19/09 instead of 2/19/09. . . talk about a late night and a tired stamper!
Sorry :o)
Georgia

Hello Stampers!


I'm very excited to tell you that after all of the card club ladies left my house, and Blake went to sleep, I actually got to sit down and make a card last night. I have been so busy working as well as doing my dad's taxes that I have not had much time to sit down and stamp for myself. So. . . even though it's 11:35 PM as I sit down to type this blog the fun of stamping is worth it!

I received "punch fun" card sample via a yahoo group I belong to on Wednesday afternoon. Glenda Mollet had made a very cute card for St. Patrick's Day that I new I just had to CASE her idea. Remember this past Halloween when I used the Big Shot and Top Note Die to make a witch and a frankie? Well guess what! Glenda made a leprechaun! Yes a cute little leprechaun face! As soon as I saw it I just knew I had to try it and I'm even more excited that I got to make one the same day I saw her sample.

So are you ready to see my little leprechaun?

I'm thinking about having this as one of my make and take cards for Sunday afternoon. . . what do you think? Remember you have until 5pm tomorrow (Friday) to register for my make and take class, which runs from 2-4pm at my home in Galesburg. Cost is $10 or just $8 if you are a club member. We will be making 8 cards. I hope you can make it!

OK . . . .enough stalling. . . here's my little leprechaun!




Supplies:

  • Big Shot with Standard Cutting Pads
  • Top Note Bigz Die
  • Holiday Blitz Stamp Set
  • On Your Birthday Stamp Set
  • Pewter Build a Brad
  • 1/2" Circle Punch
  • 3/4" Circle Punch
  • Round Tab Punch
  • White Gel Pen
  • Stampin' Dimensional
  • Kraft Card Stock
  • Blush Blossom Card Stock
  • Really Rust Card Stock
  • Glorious Green Card Stock and Ink
  • Basic Black Card Stock and Ink
  • Whisper White Card Stock

The Glorious Green, Really Rust and Blush Blossom card stock was all ran though the Big Shot using the Top Note Die. Then I cut the Really Rust card stock by hand to create a beard.

As you can see I used the 3 leaf clover from the Holiday Blitz Stamp set and stamped in Glorious Green Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I then used my 1/2" circle punch to get the circle to apply to the Build a Brad.

I'm sure you can guess that I used the 1/2" Circle Punch for the eyes and the 3/4" Circle Punch for the nose, but can you guess what punch the mouth was made from? It's the Round Tab Punch and here's how.

First I punched a small piece away using the tip of the punch. In the pictures below I used Whisper White card stock for easy viewing.

Then that first piece I punched out was thrown away. . OK it's still on my desk but I plan to throw it away. . or at least push it onto the floor and get it with the vacuum at a later date. :o)

Next I took the round tab punch and went in a bit farther. This is the piece I kept an applied to my project as the mouth. See when you think "outside the box" the punches are more than what meets the eye.

To finish up the card I adhered it to Kraft card stock and stamped Happy O' Birthday from the On Your Birthday stamp set. Although the card would look great without a sentiment on the front I thought the O' just sounded Irish so I had to add it.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today, and make sure you leave me a comment or send me an e-mail if you think this would be a fun make and take card to do on Sunday.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Georgia

1 comment:

Krista said...

Nice case ! You (and Glenda) did a great job on this one !!