Saturday, February 7, 2009

Thoughts & Prayers

Hello Stampers!

Wow. . We have a busy day today and everyone is going a different direction. Rocky is off to Chicago for a Motorcycle show, Blake is going to Great-Grandma Nellie's house, and I'm on my way to Monmouth for a make and take class. I'm sure after everyone gets home tonight we're going to have a fun family night. You see, I used some of the money I earned from being a SU demonstrator and purchase the family a Wii!

I've mention before as a demonstrator you get to keep 20% of your sales. It's called Instant Income, but I'm not sure I mention the Volume Rebate that Stampin' Up! also has for demonstrators to earn. It starts at $400 and when you sale between $400-699.99 in one month you get your 20% instant income and you also receive a 5% volume rebate. Say you had $500 in sales. You earned $125.00! (Before I go any further I want to make sure I mention that you do not have to reach a certin level to earn the 20% instant income. You get that from the start and on every order you enter afterwords!)


Here is SU's Volume Rebate Chart:


$0-$399.99 = 0%
$400-699.99 = 5%
$700-999.99 = 7%
$1,000-1,499.99 = 10%
$1,500-2,499.99 = 14%
$2,500-3,499.99 = 16%
$3,500-4,999.99 = 18%
+$5000 = 20%


Becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is a great way to earn extra money. Wether it's for the power bill or a trip to Disneyland all you have to do is set a goal! My goal every month is to have at least $1000 in sales. With that I earn $300.00! (20% = $200 instantly and $100 volume rebate, which I receive the 15th of the following month) I also earn 1000 Great Reward points, which is another incentive that SU has. If you'd like to learn more about the Great Rewards Program or more information about join Stampin' Up! please call (309/221-9288) or e-mail me (georgia@mustainlaw.com)!

**Sample Time**

I want to share with you a card that we are making at today's make and take class. It's the first card I've had a chance to make with my Thoughts & Prayers stamp set (113252 $25.95). . . and it was actually a CASE from SCS member: SUMaryEllen. I just changed her card a little bit to go with the supplies I had on hand.


Are you wondering about the brown thing at the top left side of the card??? Well . . . Stampin' Up! now has Corduroy Buttons, and that is a Chocolate Chip corduroy button! After making this card I can see I need to order more buttons. The Corduroy Buttons also come in: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie and Summer Sun. I would like to see SU come out with a Whisper White button, so that we can use our ink pads or ink refills and die it to match our project(s)! Oh. . that's a good idea. . . I better e-mail SU my suggestion. :o)


The Designer Paper is NEW and from the pack Raspberry Tart. This is quickly becoming my favorite Designer Series Paper, so I'm sure you'll see lots more of it. I also used Very Vanilla card stock on this project. However, it looks white in the photo above.


The ribbon was new in the last catalog. It is the Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, which is a double-sided ribbon 3/8" wide. Very smooth between the fingers.


I really do love this stamp set. . . BTW . . are you thinking the image looks familar? Well you're right. Stampin' Up! also has this image as a Decor Element and it's on the cover of the Decor Element's catalog. I love how simple and beautiful the tree is. . . don't you?

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful weekend!
Georgia

OH. . . . before I leave you I thought I would share a couple of photos of my two guys and their Wii!


This first photo is of my son, Blake. For those bloggers who my not know my family personally Blake will be 3 in April, and yes he is better at Wii tennis than I am. However, for now I am still better at Wii Baseball. :o)


Here is a photo of my two guys. Rocky and Blake were playing Wii Baseball. By the looks of the photo it was Rocky's turn at bat and Blake was trying to decide which pitch to "throw" his daddy.


I'm sure every night will be game night at the Caulkins' house, for awhile!

1 comment:

Britni :) said...

Oh, I love that card!!! I was bummed I couldn't make it to your make and take today. Looks like the boys are having fun!