Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Gift Sack Scrapbook!!

Hello Stampers,


Last night I had a fun night stamping at my Upline's home. Kathy had an AWESOME project for me to make, and I'm so excited to share it with you today. It was a scrapbook made out of two gift sacks. You can bet I couldn't wait to show it to you. (Britni . . this will be your bonus project for having over $1K in sales. . . Good Job!!)


I'm thinking about offering this as a class. Please leave me a comment or send me an e-mail if you'd be interested in attending a class to make your own Gift Sack Scrapbook. When I have more time I'll figure up the cost and set a price. . then set a date. (Please note you are not signing up to attend this class by sending me an e-mail or leaving a comment. I just want to make sure there is enough interest before I proceed with planning a class. Thanks!)


As you can guess the Kiwi Kiss card stock is where you would place your photos above. I think black and white or sepia photos would look wonderful.

The Pink Pirouette card stock (on left) pulls out of the pocket. It's hard to tell it's a pocket from this photo, but if you look close you might just see the Rhinestone Brads that hold the top of the pocket in place.


You can easily slip a photo under the Satin Kiwi Kiss Ribbon. Also . . look close and you'll see a Rub On on the bottom right corner of the right page.


Of course I wanted to show you a photo looking down, so you can see that the gift sacks were binded using metal rings with ribbon tied to them.

I will have to play with this project a bit before I'm ready to offer it in my own class, but most of it will be the same. I'm thinking a little ribbon on the handles would be nice, and I may replace a few of the rub ons with stamping . . . You know what they say, "It's not a good day unless you get ink on your fingers." Right? :o)

I'm so looking forward to your comments and e-mails. If you have any suggestion or questions, please ask!

Have a GREAT day!
Georgia

1 comment:

Britni :) said...

Awesome! Looks great...yes I agree something needs to be done with the handles otherwise I love it!