Saturday, January 31, 2009

Movers & Shapers Curly Label Bigz XL Die

Hello Stampers!

Today is going to be a double post. Why you ask? Well I want to share with you my Big Shot 3D swap, but I want those demonstrators who are attending the StampAttic's meeting and receiving the swap this morning to be surprised when they see it. I'm not sure if any of them check my blog out, but just in case I'll wait. :o)

What does this mean for you? Well It means you'll need to check my blog twice today as my second post will be up at noon! Thanks!

***

OK . . for my first post I want to show you more about the Movers & Shapers Curly Label Bigz XL Die for the Big Shot. My new stuff just came and I had a chance to play a little on my lunch break on Friday. There just have not been enough hours to play in the day, but I hope that will change soon.

First here is a picture of my new goodies. I got the Movers & Shapers Curly Label Bigz XL Die, Lots of Tags 4-pack Sizzlits, Background #1 Texturz Plates, Impressions Pad, Silicone Rubber, all of the new ribbons, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons, Best Ever Simply Scrappin' Kit (Keep watching my blog for a b-day card stamp a stack in March using this kit!),Clear Rhinestone brads and A Little Somethin' Level 2 Hostess set. I'm sure there is more, but I just can't recall what else I ordered off of the top of my head. :o)


I got the Movers & Shapers Curly Label die, because I just knew I wanted to recreate the card shown on page 195 of the catalog. . . and guess what??? I did! :o)

Before I share with you my version of the card I want to show you an actual picture of the die. By looking in the catalog I just couldn't picture what it would look like, and how the movable piece actually worked. Well after I opened the package I knew right away how it worked.


The movable piece has magnets on the back, so you can move it were you want it to be. How great is that!!!





So here is my version of SU's Card. I didn't have all of the supplies they used, but I made due with what I had on hand. You can see SU's card HERE if you want to compare the two. The main change I made was I used a Clear Rhinestone Brad in the middle of the flower. Besides that everything was pretty much the same. Colors used are Old Olive and Bashful Blue. don't you just love the new stripped Old Olive Ribbon? I wish SU had every color in stripped ribbon.





Here is another photo, so you can see how the card stands up! If you are a card club member you can bet you'll be making this card in February! Not sure of the color yet! :o)




OK . . now don't forget to come back at Noon (or after) and check out my blog for my 3D Big Shot Swap!

Thanks for stopping and Happy Stamping!

Georgia

No comments: