Thursday, January 1, 2009

Close as a Memory

Hello Stampers and HAPPY 2009!!!

When I saw StephStamps1982 card made from Close as a Memory I knew I had to show you, so I totally CASE it! What does CASE mean? Copy And Share Everything!

I get a lot of my inspiration from the SU website and other demonstrators. My #2 website to visit is http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ (SCS). Can you guess what my #1 website is? Well it's the demo only side of the Stampin' Up! website. Between these two website I never have to 100% come up with an idea on my own if I don't want to. I enjoy spending time looking at what other stampers have created and I totally enjoy casing thier ideas.

Most of the time I change the project just a bit. Usually because I don't have a stamp set they used. Other times I take two or three cards and case a little on each one to make one new card.

As I mention before I cased this card from StephStamps1982 on SCS. And this is a card that the ladies who attend my Saturday make and take class at the well are going to make. Haven't registered for the class yet? Call me (221-9288) to see if there is still room!


Colors used are: Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke, So Safron and Very Vanilla. Stamp sets used are: Close as a Memory and Canvas, please note Canvas is retiring, so if it's on your list you'll need to order by January 18th!


I used my markers to color directly onto the stamp set prior to stamping on the card stock. When you do this technique make sure to huff on the stamp after you color and before you stamp. To get the so saffron color in the middle of the flowers I colored onto the card stock after stamping the image.

Here is a close up so you can see the canvas stamp. I used the So Saffron ink and card stock. To help protect my ink pad I used my brayer to transfer the ink from the pad to the stamp.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Georgia

No comments: