Saturday, January 31, 2009

Big Shot Pennant Banner

Hello Stampers and thanks for checking out my second post of the day! As I mention before I participated in a swap with other demonstrators this morning. The only requirements for this swap was to make a 3D project using our Big Shot. Anything but a card is acceptable for this swap!

I always tend to stress a little bit when I'm in a 3D swap. I wonder, what are the other demos doing? Will the other demos like my project? Do I like my project? You know just the normal everyday worries right? :o)

Well when I signed up for this swap I had two ideas in mind. The first idea was to do a pennant flag that said Love. I started to work on that idea and it wasn't looking very well, so . . . that idea got scrapped and I started on my back up idea. A fabric banner using the Pennant Die! Which created the biggest question of all . . . What should it say?

I thought about doing a LOVE banner, like the one I have shown HERE! Then I decided that Valentine's day was just to close for the other demos to use it for very many events. Who wants a love banner in March or April?

My next thought was to do a banner for St. Patrick's day. Should I put luck or lucky? I knew St. Patrick's day was just to long to try, so I decided to much stress there and I would moved onto the next idea . . . a banner that they can use year round!!!

I'll do each demonstrator's first name! But what if they didn't like it? Would it just end up in the trash, because they couldn't think of anyone with the same name that would enjoy the fabric banner?

SO. . . I finally decided to just do the word STAMP! Everyone likes to stamp right? I thought they could hang it in their stamp room, or where ever they may hold their make and take classes at. I also thought it could be passed to other members in their downline if they want to display it at one of their events.

So I had my mind made up! and off to JoAnn's on my lunch break I went! . . . then I encounter my next problem??? What color/fabric should I use??? I'm a pink person, so I thought about using pink. But then I thought surely not every demo in our swap liked pink, so maybe I should do blue or green or red. I found some orange that almost won, because it looked like Tangerine Tango. At least I think it did, but I didn't have my catalog or a card sample with me to compare the colors so I didn't get that color either.

Then my shopping cart took me to the Holiday clearance fabric. . . would any of this work? Of course not. :o( Although I almost got some Halloween fabric to make another spooky banner.

FINALLY . . . (after 1/2 hour) I found the fabric! The heaven open, angels sang and the sun started to shine. . . OK. . maybe that all didn't happen, but I was excited I found one I thought the majority of the demos would like. It was purple with stars. I thought to myself this would go perfect in my stamp room and it was subtle enough I hoped it would work with everyone stamping space. :o)

So when I got home I started to work on cutting out all of the supplies. There were 11 demonstrators signed up for the swap, so I knew I had a lot of cutting to do before I was done.

As I was just getting ready to start cutting on my dinning room table I remembered the other night when I was in the basement I saw a fabric cutting board/pad/mat (or whatever it's called) in the spare room downstairs. So I ran down to get it and got busy cutting. After all it was Wednesday night and I was swapping the banners on Saturday!!!

As I mentioned 11 demonstrators participated so I had to cut out 55 Pennant dies! Of course I only had to make 10, but since I knew I couldn't live with myself if I didn't keep one to display I still needed to make 11.
Above is the first stage in my fabric banner! At this point I had cut out 55 pennants and a bunch of scallop circles. It was after midnight, so I quit and went to bed.

The next morning (Thursday) Blake had me up at 6 am so I had time to cut out all of my letters I needed before I went to work.

Remember I decided to do STAMP, so I cut out 55 letters. As you can see from the photo below I also cut out small scallop circles too. . . . 242 circles to be exact!



After work on Thursday you might recall that the other demonstrators came over to cut card stock for the bash. Since I was keeping it a surprise I had to pick up everything, hide the fabric and set out my tables to cut card stock on.

After the demos left and I ate supper (Steak & Shake. . thanks Rocky) and I start to glue the banners together. Thursday night ended up being another up past Midnight night working on my swaps, but I was making headway! Before I went to bed I had 6 banners glue together and spread out on the tables to dry!


Friday morning my wonderful husband had made a 7:30 am appointment for me to take our 2 dogs to Alpha to visit Dr. Pat for their annual shots, so it was another early morning up at 6:15. Dr. Pat had us in and out and we were home by 8am. He Rocks!

While Blake watched his cartoons I was able to glue together my final 5 pennant banners! Whew . . one more thing off of my to do list!

By now I'm sure your either thinking OK lady show me the darn photo, or you've already quit reading and scrolled to the bottom to look. Either way I'm just happy you stopped by today to check out my blog, and sorry about the long post. I worked really hard on this banner and I thought it would be fun for you to read all of the things I thought about before I made this 3D project.

So . . here at last is my Big Shot Banner:

Supplies Used:
Fabric, Fabric Glue, Big Shot, Pennant Die, Serif Alphabet, Scallop Circle #2, Standard and Extended Cutting Pads And a REALLY GOOD ARM to keep cranking out supplies for 11 fabric banners! :o)

Wondering how much fabric it takes to make a banner? I purchased 4 yards of the dark purple fabric and 2 yards of the light purple and that made 11 Banners. I have some scraps of the dark purple left over and about 1/2-3/4 yard of light purple.

Thanks again for stopping back by today!
Georgia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.