Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just Buzzin' By!

Hello Stampers!


When I first saw the stamp set Just Buzzin' By I knew I had to get it. . . why you ask? Well because I a member of the GlitterBees. I think you get the idea!

I often go online to find inspiration to make cards, and when I'm in a hurry I often CASE the cards I see. Well this week as been so busy that I definitely had to CASE a card to show you.

Do you recall what CASE stands for? Create And Share Everything . . and thank goodness for that. I cased Tashanlundy's card she posted online. However, I made a card very similar to the card below this past summer. I used the stamp set Pun Fun and double layered the squares. . . does this ring a bell to anyone? That card was a CASE card too, so maybe we were both inspired by the original creator? Who knows.

Anyway . . onto the sample!!!

I used More Mustard card stock and stamped the images with More Mustard classic ink. I used my White gel pen to outline the images and use my More Mustard marker to color on some of the hive. The bees were stamped in Basic Black classic ink and colored in with my More Mustard marker and Blush Blossom marker.


If you look close below you will see I added glitter to the bees wings. . . after all I am a GlitterBee! ;o)



In this photo above you can also see I used the Spiral punch to punch on the Basic Black card stock and before I stuck everything together I used my More Mustard ink pad and applied ink directly onto the Whisper White card stock.

As you read the above descriptions you might have noticed that I mention I used the Classic Ink Pads. I often get asked what's the difference between Classic and Craft ink pads. . . . so here's the scoop!

Classic Stampin’ Pads are dye based ink that are water soluble. Dye inks are transparent and absorb into the paper. They also dry quickly on all types of paper making them easier to work with. Dye inks are not waterproof and the colors will bleed if they get wet. Dye inks are safe for scrapbooks, but will fade over time.

Craft Stampin’ Pads are pigment based ink, which is a dry powdery agent that uses a binding agent to help it adhere to paper. Craft pads contain natural binding agents that are safe for use in scrapbooks. Craft ink sits on top of the paper and does not absorb, so they take longer to dry and are a good choice to use as an embossing ink. Craft ink is often preferred for scrapbooking because pigment inks are more resistant to fading than most dye inks.

All this being said, I prefer to use the Classic Ink for most of my stamping. I have used them almost exclusively since I started to stamp and scrapbook and have not noticed any fading. I love that they dry almost instantly, I don’t want to have to wait for my ink to dry before I can finish my projects. I do use the Craft Inks and for certain projects they are the best choice. I love stamping a light color on a dark card stock. And I love using them with clear embossing powder.

The Craft Stampin' Spots are a GREAT choice if you don't use the pigment ink as often as the dye ink. You should try both to see which is right for you.

Happy Stamping!

Georgia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for the scoop on the differences between classic and craft pads! i was trying to remember the differences from when my demonstrator told me, but i figure I'd Google instead of bugging her! :)