Thursday, January 8, 2009

Under the Stars

Hello Stampers,

I am so excited about today's post, because I am using one of the stamp sets I received for Christmas. I just love getting Stampin' Up! supplies in my stocking. How about you? I have been wanting the stamp set Under the Stars for a very long time. Britni, a member in my downline, set me a wonderful card months ago that I have been wanting to case, but could not because I didn't have the stamp set.

Well I finally got Under the Stars for Christmas (Thanks Dad!), and this was the first card I cased. Thanks for the inspiration Britni.

First I'll show you Britni's card:


Britni used Green Galore, Gable Green, Brilliant Blue and Whisper White Card stock. She stamped the bear in brown. I'm guessing Chocolate Chip to match the 5/8" Chocolate Chip Ribbon. As you can see in the photo she also used Hemp Twine and tied it with the Chocolate Chip Ribbon. Britni Used markers to color in her bear and finished by applying ink directly to the Whisper White Card Stock. (Britni - if I explained anything wrong please leave a comment to set the record straight. Thanks!)

Now here is my card:

For my card I also used Green Galore, Gable Green and Whisper White card stock. I got my color coach out and it told me to try Tempting Turquoise as a coordinating color. I thought changing the color was a nice way to make it more of my own. :o) I also left out the hemp twine. This was because I did not have enough hemp twine. (Note to self . . need to order more hemp . . twine that is!)

Instead of using my markers I drug out my Water Color Pencils and used my Aqua Painter to soften the color. I stamped my bear in my Basic Brown ink pad, so the ink would not run when I used my aqua painter.

The final change I made was I used my Distresser from the Cutters Kit to distress all of layers including the bottom edge of my card. I think you can see it best on the Whisper White layer, but that could also be because I also used my ink pad directly against my card stock to add some color.

What do you think? Card club members you will be making this card at January's meeting . . . Thursday club members. . . you'll be making it TONIGHT!!! See you at 6:30 p.m.

Happy Stamping!

Georgia

No comments: